Exercise Physiologists Perth
Move, Feel and Live Better
ACCREDITED EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST (AEP)
O2 Active’s exercise physiologists assist people with illness, injury or disability throughout Perth metropolitan and surrounding areas to move better, feel good, and take part in everyday activities and community life. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to benefit from exercise’s power to transform your physical, mental, and social wellbeing – regardless of your age, ability, or fitness level.
Our knowledge, skill and supportive approach helps you create positive behaviour change to enhance your movement, health, and lifestyle. Our mobile Accredited Exercise Physiologists can see you at your home, workplace, gym, park, pool, or another preferred facility. Alternatively, come and see us at our welcoming Mosman Park clinic, or join group classes in Claremont, Swanbourne or Nedlands WA.
What can our Perth exercise physiologists help you with?
The wonderful thing about exercise is its ability to improve more than just your physical health. Exercise can enhance every aspect of your life – including your mental health, social life, confidence, and resilience.
As tertiary qualified allied health professionals, O2 Active’s exercise physiologists design and deliver personalised exercise and lifestyle programs to help you achieve your goals.
Our Perth exercise physiologists will assess your current level of function and devise a plan to target your needs
Depending on your goals, exercise therapy might aim to:
- Assist with management of a chronic condition, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, mental health concerns, cancer, arthritis, or pulmonary disease
- Support your recovery and return to work, sport and everyday activities following surgery, illness or injury
- Improve your function, such as your ability to walk, climb stairs or play with your children and grandchildren
- Increase your fitness, strength, and endurance so you can participate in enjoyable activities and everyday life
- Improve your posture and flexibility
- Increase your strength and function in preparation for surgery (known as pre-habilitation)
- Improve your health so you can reduce your reliance on drugs (in consultation with your doctor)
- Improve your balance and reduce your falls risk
- Help you better manage your own health and reduce your risk of developing lifestyle-related conditions
- Build your capacity and independence (for NDIS participants)
- Help with pain management.
Our Perth exercise physiology services
Your personalised program is designed to be enjoyable, safe, and simple to practice on your own.
Types of exercise therapy our Perth exercise physiologists might prescribe include:
- Cardiovascular training, such as walking, rowing, boxing, cycling, or swimming
- Resistance exercises using gym equipment, bands, or bodyweight
- Stretching and flexibility training, including yoga and Pilates
- Core strength and endurance training
- Balance and coordination exercises
- Breathing, relaxation, and stress-reduction exercises
- Sports- or work-specific training
- Posture correction.
Our accredited Perth exercise physiologists also provide education and lifestyle advice to support your health and wellbeing. If we believe you’d benefit from input by another health professional – such as a physio, dietitian, or occupational therapist – we can refer you to one of our trusted partners.
Am I eligible for exercise physiology funding?
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to receive rebates for our Perth exercise physiology services under NDIS, Medicare (GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement), WorkCover, Department of Veterans Affairs, TCA, and Health Insurance funding options.
To discuss your eligibility, please talk to your GP or funding provider.
You can also contact us to discuss your funding options.
The O2 Active difference – why choose us as your Perth exercise physiologists
We love what we do
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to move better, feel good and make lasting friendships through exercise. Every member of our team has experienced the benefits of movement and a healthy lifestyle – and we’re passionate about sharing them.
Whole person approach
We use exercise, movement, and stillness to help you manage your feelings and develop traits that are helpful for life – such as confidence, perseverance, resilience, and a growth mindset. Many clients also develop lifelong friendships through our exercise programs.
Our university qualified AEPs have significant training in body function, behaviour change, and healthy lifestyle choices, plus several lifetimes of combined experience! You can be confident we have the expertise to help you attain your health goals.
We make exercise fun
Exercise needs to be enjoyable to help you stick with it and achieve your goals. Our team’s varied background means we can help you find an activity you like. We’ll match you with an AEP who shares your interests, helping you to stay motivated. Just some of the activities we offer include:
- Strength and conditioning
- Sport and recreation activities
- Posture correction
- Capacity building and everyday living
- Active aging for aged care
Every person is different, and we don’t take a cookie-cutter approach to our programs. Based on your assessment, we’ll prescribe and deliver exercise and lifestyle interventions tailored just for you.
Exercise physiology Perth with O2 Active – Your pathway with us
Want to know what to expect when you start working with our exercise physiologists? Here’s what it looks like.
Step 1: Your first visit
This visit is about getting to know you. We’ll take the time to understand your needs and goals and review your medical history and physical function. We’ll help you set goals and begin developing strategies to help you achieve them, including education about your condition and treatment options.
Step 2: Exercise prescription
The next step involves devising tailored interventions that consider your physical function, lifestyle and preferences. We can see you at your home, school, gym, pool, or park, or our Mosman Park clinic. We can also arrange a telehealth consult if that’s safer or more convenient for you. Your program will include a range of exercises, and we’ll work alongside you to ensure you can complete them safely and effectively.
Step 3: Review and progression
As you work towards your goals, we’ll update your program based on your feedback and the changes we find on assessment. We’ll continue to provide lifestyle advice and ongoing support that reflects your progress.
Step 4: Long term management
To help you maintain optimal health and wellbeing, exercise needs to become part of your routine – for life! We help you incorporate exercise into your everyday lifestyle, in a supportive environment where you can reap added social and mental health benefits. If you have a chronic condition or just wish to continue exercise post-rehabilitation, you’re welcome to join our group exercise classes.