At O2 Active we believe exercise physiology plays an important role in supporting participants to become more independent, improve their physical motor functions and mental health, enhance strength and fitness, build stronger confidence, and overall heighten their general wellbeing.
Our programs help improve our client’s quality of life by helping them create a strong sense of purpose, self-fulfilment, and independence, as they progress and achieve their individual goals. We support them by creating programs they can continue to practice in their own time (or with help from family or support staff). We also offer an online workout video library making O2 Active exercise physiology a long-term sustainable solution.
We are currently pending registration as a provider of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). We are currently working with self-managed and plan managed participants.
HOW WE HELP
O2 Active’s Accredited Exercise Physiologist’s (AEP’s) utilise evidence-based research to develop our NDIS programs that are specifically designed to support people with disability develop skills, confidence, and capacity. Funding for our services falls under the Capacity Building categories: Improved health and wellbeing, and Improved daily living.
We have more than 20 years’ experience and deliver group and private sessions across:
- Home, school, and gym visits
- Pool sessions
- Direct visits to our Mosman Park facility.
Our AEP’s and professional trainers have diverse skill sets and can work across a range of speciality areas either independently or collaboratively with other allied health and medical practitioners.
For more information on AEP accreditations and scope of practice please visit www.essa.org.au.
At O2 Active, we aim to assist our clients to improve, increase, and enhance:
- Fine motor planning and coordination
- Strength and endurance
- Overall health, wellbeing, and physical activity levels
- Postural and body awareness and control
- Balance and proprioception
- Sensory processing
- Fundamental movement skills
- Confidence, self-image, and body-image
- Sleep quality
- Mental health by decreasing anxiety and/or depression
- Pain management
- Community and social engagement
- The transition of children and adults to partake in community sport and recreation
- Cognitive and social skills
- Ability and mobility
- Everyday living
Positive behaviour support
OUR EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY PROGRAMS WILL
PROVIDE A STRONG FOUNDATION FOR LIFE
At O2 Active we have an inspiring team of exercise physiologists who have all benefitted from the positive effects of being active. Exercise, movement, and healthy lifestyles have impacted who we have become as individuals and helped us create friendships for life. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to move better, feel good and find community through exercise. Part of our role as an AEP is to be a fun, positive role model to our participants.
INCLUDE TAILORED PROGRAMS
To reach and maintain your goals, we believe exercise should be something you enjoy. Our exercise physiologists have diverse training and qualifications, and can assist with the following activities:
- Strength and conditioning
- Sport and recreation activities
- Posture correction
- Capacity building and everyday living
We always endeavour to match our clients with an AEP that has shared interests when it comes to health and fitness. This helps to motivate clients towards reaching their goals in ways that are more enjoyable and sustainable.
IMPROVE CONFIDENCE AND ABILITY
Working holistically through exercise, energy, movement, and stillness we allow participants to respond to their moods and feelings. In addition to the physical health goals and benefits, we believe movement, wellbeing and exercise enables you to develop a growth mindset, which improves confidence, team building skills, resilience, persistence, creativity, all the while creating longstanding friendships.
TREATMENT AND MANAGEMENT PROCESS
1. INITIAL ASSESSMENT
- Physical, functional and goal assessment
- Initial Report
- Creation of support strategies
2. EXERCISE PRESCRIPTION
- Clinic-based, school-based, home-based, gym-based, park-based, and/or pool sessions available
- Application of strength, endurance, balance, core, postural, functional, flexibility and breathing exercises
3. REVIEW AND PROGRESSION
- Participant feedback and AEP assessment
- Program enhancement and modification
- Review, advise, lifestyle modification and ongoing support
4. LONG TERM MANAGEMENT
- As your life evolves changes, so do your goals and we will work with you to optimise your health and wellbeing to match your current lifestyle.
- For participants wanting to increase community participation group exercise classes are available as part of a long-term maintenance program. O2 Active aims to help you incorporate exercise into your everyday lifestyle in a supportive environment that will benefit the participants health and social wellness.
REFFERALS AND PRICING
Eligible clients can be referred to our O2 Active AEP’s by general practitioners under a GP management plan or team care arrangement, the NDIS directly, or by their healthcare fund.
Patients may be eligible for Medicare (GP TCA required), Work Cover, TCA and Health Insurance rebates for exercise physiology services.
At O2 Active, we believe support should be available to everybody, no matter their financial situation. We have a range of pricing options and lower cost programs to ensure they are accessible to as many people as possible. For more information and to discuss your eligibility, please contact us.
HOW WE REPORT BACK TO REFERRING CONSULTANTS
- Written initial and final reports.
- Patient’s assessment and results.
- Prescribed intervention and progressions.
- Ensure all treating practitioners of patient they are up to date with the patient’s outcomes
Whatever your reason, we’re here to help you achieve REAL CHANGE with REAL SUPPORT.
What Our Clients Say
“I found O2 Active while looking for an exercise physiologist who had experience with yoga and I hit the jackpot. I had been taking yoga classes and it was great for switching off my busy and anxious ASD/ADHD brain and stretching out my sore muscles, but I didn’t feel comfortable asking questions during classes and often felt I wasn’t doing poses the ‘right’ way. With Caitlin I have a safe space to ask my millions of questions (repeatedly if necessary), and to try things out. Caitlin explains & demonstrates things in different ways until I understand and can do the poses with confidence. I now feel more comfortable practicing yoga on my own at home and I’m continuing to progress during my sessions with Caitlin, which has been great for managing my anxiety & stress levels. With ASD I was nervous reaching out and starting lessons but Caitlin is very warm and responsive.”
“It all started when I had a fall at work. After several surgeries, I experienced significant muscle wasting in my leg. Through Caitlin’s hard work she has helped me with setting small goals that are achievable. I have been gaining strength and muscle tone in my leg and knee. Caitlin and her team were also able to assist me with my teenage children, helping them regain strength and set goals. They helped my children gain self-confidence by setting small achievable goals with each of them. They have worked on social and emotional resilience with them as well. O2 Active supported my son’s dream of competing in the Olympics and are helping him achieve his personal best. At the end of the day, they care and have a holistic approach that is tailored to each individual’s needs.”